Golfers who enjoy the benefits of using rangefinders might sometimes find it a bit difficult to dial in the distances because of their shaky hands. If you are one of them, you do not have to worry.
The latest advancements in golf technology offer a new set of useful tools for shaky-handed players. The breakthroughs in stabilization technology today make it possible for the newest rangefinders to measure distances accurately – and even take account of the slope – while being held and zeroed in on the target by golfers with unsteady hands.
If you are looking for the best golf rangefinders for shaky hands, then you have come to the right place. We have listed the best options available on the market, including their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Last update on 2021-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Nikon Coolshot PRO Stabilized
The Nikon Coolshot PRO Stabilized is competing to attract the attention of golfers with hands that have a tendency to be slightly on the shaky side. With a name like Stabilized, you can be sure that the company has spent a lot of time and effort to make sure that this tool will help you aim at the target as easily as possible.
Nikon is one of the most widely known rangefinder brands, and the Coolshot Pro Stabilized is among their most popular devices. It is at the high end of the price range but has some amazing features.
The stabilization takes place in two primary ways with this Nikon rangefinder. To start with, the actual device features stabilization technology. The laser within is also stabilized. The combination of the two is what makes this device special.
Not only is the Nikon Coolshot PRO Stabilized a superior model for players with shaky hands, but it is also well known for being one of the best golf rangefinders because of its ease of use. It is completely legal in tournaments and can be switched between slope and no slope mode.
If you are looking for the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands, the Nikon Coolshot PRO Stabilized could be the right one for you. It comes in a bundle that includes a case along with a cleaning cloth to keep this device looking and working at its best for a long time.
- OLED display and design – has the ability to adjust the brightness based on the changing scenario; ensures you are able to see what is being displayed on the screen
- Ease of use – there are four different modes, and it is easy to switch between them: F1 for distance only, distance and height, or horizontal distance and height. F2 automatically adjusts the screen based on the changing scenario. F3 lets you switch between two units (yards and meters). And F4 lets you activate or deactivate the Actual Distance Indicator feature
- Continuous measurement – helps you measure very small or thin objects; provides distances to mounds, pins, trees, and hazards to let you know what is in the view as you get ready to reach the target
- Slope adjusted distance: ID Technology – displays slope-adjusted height and horizontal distances that increase your chances of hitting the bull’s eye; can be switched off to keep the rangefinder tournament legal
- Performance and precision with optical stabilization technology – can go up to 1,200 yards, but you will most likely never need to travel the distance
- Hyper Read technology – delivers results in just 0.3 seconds; the results are fast and reliable because of an advanced stabilization system that is pretty effective in decreasing vibrations, which makes it suitable for use in windy conditions; features 6x magnification to ensure a clear view, and the graphics are also crisp. Moreover, try using the strategically placed diopter ring to focus.
- Weatherproof – can be used even in adverse weather conditions
- Legal for tournament play
Blue Tees Golf Series 2
The Blue Tees Golf Series 2 is another excellent option for you if you are seeking the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. It is designed to provide the confidence that you need by expertly dialing in your distances and making club selection simple. This rangefinder is a breeze to operate and is the perfect combination of advanced technology, size, and accuracy.
The Series 2 features EZ Optic Focus, which is engineered to be of help to golfers that have shaky hands. With the pulse vibrational technology, you can get an accurate reading of the flag without difficulty.
This rangefinder does not come with slope technology, which means it is completely tournament legal. Its attractive range of 800 yards, as well as the pulse vibrational technology as you lock onto the pin, make this unit a great choice.
The optics are quite decent on the Series 2 for a rangefinder that is budget-friendly. While it is not as good as the higher-priced models, it feels slightly sharper compared to other rangefinders at this price point.
The Series 2 is a bit longer than the series 1, and the buttons have been moved to ensure a more comfortable user experience. Also, there is texture added to this unit that makes it feel a little more rugged and durable in the elements.
All in all, the Blue Tees Golf Series 2 is speedy and accurate. It has an ergonomic design that will surely fit comfortably in your hand. Using this rangefinder is very easy and straightforward.
- 800-yard range – tour-level distance with pinpoint precision to give an edge on your game; can measure targets up to 800 yards away with an accuracy of +/- 1 yard
- Flag lock + pulse vibration – confirms that the device has locked onto the target and not what is behind it
- Water-resistant – this unit is built to withstand rain and dew, so it is quite ideal for any weather condition
- Adjustable EZ Optic Focus – provides an immersive HD viewing experience
- No slope technology – makes the Series 2 legal for tournament play
Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
The Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder would be an ideal choice if you are on a budget but still looking for the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. It has a unique feature that is meant to let you know once you have zeroed in on your target. If your hands tend to shake a little and you are uncertain if your yardage is correct, this device will provide you with the confidence you need.
The 300 Pro offers an impressive approach to the golfer’s dilemma. It features a user-friendly design as well as a combination of great technology.
This easy-to-use, classy-looking rangefinder offers some excellent features and benefits, including the chirp notification. It weighs 7.5 ounces, which makes it very easy to carry around. Moreover, this unit also has a lot of useful specs and many positive customer reviews on the internet.
Overall, the Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder is very impressive. It will surely not disappoint you if you go with this unit.
- Sleek and professional design – the Callaway 300 Pro is built taking account of the need for a durable yet attractive device for all types of golfers; it stands out from similar rangefinders thanks to its uniqueness; the device is small enough to easily fit into the palm of your hand; the slim and sophisticated design adds great value to the unit
- Tough rubber exterior – absorbs any shocks from mechanical damage; rubber casting that makes the device very durable, yet soft and a breeze to fit almost anywhere
- Built-in belt loop – provides portability, which allows players to conveniently bring the device all around the course without the need to actually carry it
- Water and fog proof – with this rangefinder, you wouldn’t have to worry about interrupted play; even in adverse conditions like rain or fog, this unit will sustain its potential of delivering the highest level of precision; you also do not have to be concerned about your device getting damaged; this rangefinder is made to effectively keep away fog and moisture, plus, it is sealed especially to protect the inside against water
- Pin Acquisition Technology – enables the unit to catch pins up to a distance of 300 yards; ensures that you are getting accurate readings even when there are a lot of objects, such as trees, in the background; gives you confidence in measurements and therefore improving your game
- Suitable modes and easy switching – enables golfers to locate pins easily and obtain multiple locations
- Birdie feature – sends you a notification in the form of a chirp. This added unique feature helps to confirm when the laser has locked on to a target
- Convenient slope technology – improves the accuracy of the 300 Pro; automatically calculates and displays distances that are slope adjusted; slope measurement feature can be turned off to make the unit legal for tournament play; very easy to use; you can use the mode with just a single hand, which makes it easier for you to focus on your game
- Easy set-up and operation – this unit does not require configuration to be usable; it just needs to have a battery in it, then it is good to go
- Simple 6x magnification – allows for precise, simple landscape scanning and pin targeting; enables golfers to acquire multiple targets at the same time
- Legible LCD display – shows total meters or yards to the target along with slope details and conveniently focuses objects that are far away from the target; features a low battery indicator so you will know exactly when you should replace the battery; it is vital to keep in mind that you might get inaccurate readings while using the unit on a low battery, and that is why it is recommended to change your batteries right away
Garmin Approach Z82
The Garmin Approach Z82 could be worth your consideration if you are searching for the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. It is a hybrid model that works as a rangefinder and a GPS device at the same time.
The unit provides a unique solution for the problem of shaky-handed players. It also acts as a GPS device so you can clearly see the key distances in a couple of ways.
The Approach Z82 has a lot of positive customer reviews. Its display is clear, and it includes more than 40,000 preloaded courses all around the world that give you key distances and other important details. This rangefinder is an updated model that is more accurate and has more game-enhancing features.
According to Garmin, the laser and internal system of Approach Z82 can now measure the distance of a flag to within ten inches from up to 450 yards away. The high-resolution OLED display has been enhanced, and the colors are more vivid, so you can see your target more clearly.
To make it easier to hit the flag with a laser, the company has boosted the ranging function. This means that the Approach Z82 will do a better and quicker job of distinguishing the flag from any objects in the background. Once you hit the flag, the device would buzz in your hands, and the distances that you see in the viewfinder would blink.
The unit has a lot of great features to like about, but what really makes it unique from almost every other distance measuring device is how well it blends together the laser and GPS data.
Being one of the most innovative rangefinders available on the market today, the Garmin Approach Z82 is definitely worth giving a try.
- Hybrid model – acts as a rangefinder as well as a GPS device
- 40,000+ preloaded courses worldwide – provide you with key distances and other necessary details
- Improved laser and internal system – can measure the distance of a flag to within ten inches from up to 450 yards away
- Enhanced high-resolution OLED display and more vivid colors – allows you to see the target more clearly
- Improved ranging function – makes it easier to hit the flag with the laser
Precision Pro NX7 Slope Golf Rangefinder
The Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder with slope is also one of your choices when it comes to the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. It has been made to deliver precise yardages on any golf course regardless of the terrain.
Whether the hole you are playing is very flat or your home course is hilly with different degrees of slope, the NX7 Pro is great for all types of sloped or level surfaces. It features Adaptive Pro Slope technology that gives an accurate distance (which takes account of the slope) for each shot that makes club selection particularly easy. You can turn off the slope feature in order to keep the device legal for use in a tournament.
The Precision Pro NX7 Slope Golf Rangefinder is constructed with crystal clear optics, precise yardage technology, and 6x magnification. It gives quick distances to the flag and is a breeze to operate even for players with shaky hands, thanks to its rubberized top and bottom grips. This unit also provides a short vibration when locked into the target, which you can feel easily.
With all this in mind, the Precision Pro NX7 Slope Golf Rangefinder would really take your game of golf to the next level.
- Compact and durable design – this device is small enough to fit in your pocket easily and durable enough to withstand adverse weather conditions due to its shockproof design
- Pulse Vibration Technology – helps you to speed up your play and provides you with more confidence standing over every shot (confidence in golf plays a big part in shooting better scores on a consistent basis)
- Adaptive Slope Technology – does the math for you and displays the adjusted distance; with just one switch, you can turn off the slope feature in order to make the device legal for tournament play
- Water-resistant design – allows you to still be able to use the device in case you are out golfing in the rain
- Extreme precision within a yard of the intended target
- 400-yard range – enables you to target bunkers, water, and map out your strategy for the hole back on the tee
Bushnell Hybrid Golf Laser Rangefinder + GPS
Your options for the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands includes the Bushnell Hybrid Golf Laser Rangefinder with GPS. It combines fundamental GPS functionality with a laser rangefinder.
With all of the courses already preloaded onto this unit, all you need to do is to charge it up and then head to the course. The battery provides 14-16 hours of use when on a full charge.
While the Bushnell Hybrid is ready for operation right out of the box, you have to register for a free account within 45 days at iGolf.com, Bushnell’s provider of course data, which will allow you to update the unit for any course changes or additions. It is fairly straightforward to set up an account. If you do not register within 45 days, the GPS portion of the device will stop working until you do. Here are the necessary steps for registration:
- First, go to iGolf.com to register with the serial number of your unit
- Then, plug the device into your computer using the USB cable
- Lastly, click “Sync Device” on the iGolf site; remember that the first time you sync, you will get a message on your computer asking if you want to allow an applet from L1 Technologies to access your computer. Click allow, and the sync will start
The initial process will be completed within just a few minutes. The required time for subsequent syncs will depend on the number of courses that have to be pushed to the unit, but it will never take over a few minutes.
The GPS feature of the Bushnell Hybrid is very intuitive. The buttons are labeled clearly, and it is easy to navigate the menu. The one-button operation is even more simple.
The device has a very long battery life, which means you can play multiple rounds without having to recharge. All in all, this hybrid device is really good considering all the benefits it offers.
- 36,000 courses automatically load as you arrive
- Flag lock within 400 yards
- Pin seeker and Jolt technology – make getting the distances a breeze even if your hands are a little unsteady
- Buttons – there is a row of six rubber buttons at the bottom of the GPS feature of the Bushnell Hybrid: screen view, power/backlight, up, down, escape/menu, and OK/mark shot; the buttons are a little small but still fairly easy to press with the tip of your finger
- Screen – the Bushnell Hybrid has the smallest screen; The font size of the distances was sufficient, but the font size of the menu options is quite small; brightness is never an issue because the screen is clearly visible in all lighting conditions
- Ease of use – the laser rangefinder function of this device is straightforward; you just need to just look through the viewfinder, point the aiming circle at your intended target, and then push the button at the top of the unit; the LCD display at the bottom of the screen will provide the distance. The eyepiece can be rotated to focus on the viewfinder
- Battery life – the battery life of Bushnell Hybrid is exceptional; the company claims up to 14 to 16 hours of battery life, which means you will be able to go for multiple rounds in between battery charges
PeakPulse Laser Golf Rangefinder
The PeakPulse Laser Golf Rangefinder is great for players with shaky hands. It is a small and compact device that conveniently fits into the palm of your hands and provides reasonable precision for its price.
The unit features the pulse vibration technology that aids in flag acquisition. It is very useful for players with unsteady hands because it makes it a walk in the park to lock onto the flag as the target.
The PeakPulse Laser automatically indicates once a flag has been picked up, as it utilizes short vibrating laser bursts to make sure the target is a flag. The unit is available with and without slope adjustment settings, but the one with slope adjustment mode costs approximately 20% higher.
The device comes with a 6x magnification capability. It is precise to one yard and can work within the range of 6 to 400. Yards. The rangefinder is extremely easy to use and focuses on targets at a distance by adjusting the eyepiece.
The Laser Rangefinder also features grooves on the top for easy grip and ergonomically shaped to fit into your palm. The battery saver system also allows you to maximize battery performance and keeps your device running for the entire golfing day.
Considering all of the features as well as the price, the PeakPulse Laser Golf Rangefinder could be the best option for you.
- Pulse vibration technology – helps players with shaky hands by making it easy to lock onto the flag as the target
- Adjustable eyepiece – makes it easy to focus on targets at a distance
- Battery saver technology – enables you to maximize battery performance; keeps the rangefinder working for the whole golfing day
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
The TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder is a small and compact device. At just approximately 170 grams, it is one of the most lightweight among similar devices.
The unit is capable of operating in two modes, which are the pin seeker mode and the scan mode. The pin seeker mode is perfect for picking up flags at a distance, while the scan mode is suitable for picking up multiple targets with a single scan as well as the distances to all of them.
Although the unit does not provide you with the distance adjusted for the slope of the terrain, it might actually be a good thing for your practice, taking into account the fact that the slope adjustment feature is not legal for tournament play. The durable heavy-duty and aesthetic cover secures the rangefinder from falls when not being used.
If you are a golf enthusiast with unsteady hands, you do not have to worry. There are a lot of models suitable for you, and the TecTecTec VPRO500 could be absolutely worth your consideration.
- Two operational modes available: pin seeker mode and scan mode – pin seeker mode is great for picking up flags at a distance, while the scan mode is appropriate for picking up multiple targets with just one scan along with the distances to all of them
- Multiple reading to multiple targets enables you to find different distances to a variety of targets
- Water resistant with a lightweight body that is compact and easy to hold
- Precision of up to one yard with slope adjustment through easy readout in the viewfinder
Anyork Golf Rangefinder
Last but not least, the Anyork Golf Rangefinder is an incredible choice when you need the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. It is an appropriate device for elderly players with unsteady hands because it has the ability to auto-lock onto the flag within the range of 200 yards. When the flag has been acquired as the target, the unit will notify you with a vibration that lets you know when you can trust the reading displayed. To get more accurate readings, you have to use the device as a flag-seeker and not a pin seeker in mode 2.
The rangefinder also shows a slope-adjusted reading when you use it in the slope-adjusted mode, and it incorporates the angle of inclination of the land in the calculation of distance. You can rotate the eyepiece with your hands to magnify objects up to 6x, and the unit can focus on objects quite quickly. The product can operate in ranges up to 1500 yards and can be exact with +/- 1 yard.
The Anyork Golf Rangefinder is designed with small indentations on its body to deliver an improved grip through more friction with the palm of your hand. The device automatically shuts off after every 3 seconds of inactivity to maximize battery performance.
- Adjustable eyepiece – allows the device to focus on objects more quickly and easily
- Small indentations for a better grip
- Automatic shutting off – maximizes battery performance
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Golf Rangefinder For Shaky Hands
If you are a golfer with shaky hands and wondering what to look for when it is time to select a rangefinder, there are a few basic things that will be sure to help you out:
Some rangefinders do advertise stabilization as a technique to assist players with trembling hands. Primarily, stabilization works against your unsteady hands and helps your device to zero in on your target even with slight movements.
Pin Seeker or Pin Acquisition
Pin seeker technology is mostly available in the rangefinders of Bushnell, although other brands will have their own version of it. Callaway calls theirs the Pin Acquisition technology. The pin seeker feature will essentially allow the unit to lock onto the target so that you will not have to get it perfect every time. The pin acquisition of Callaway works from more than 300 yards away on specific models.
One more feature that is most commonly seen in the Bushnell rangefinders is the Jolt technology. This will provide you with feedback as soon as you are locked onto the target. The device vibrates a bit, and then you know you have your distance. The short vibrating jolts will let your hands know that you have really zeroed in on the target, and you can trust the distance measurements you get.
Final Thoughts About The Best Golf Rangefinder For Shaky Hands
Choosing a rangefinder can be a difficult task. It can be challenging to decide on which one is the best for you as there are so many models. The decision-making only gets harder if you have hands that tend to be on the shaky side. Fortunately, companies like Nikon, Callaway, and Bushnell have found out about this and made things easier. All of the rangefinders in our list are built for the golfer that requires this additional stability to lock into the target. If you are seeking the right fit for you, you could never go wrong with the models we have mentioned above.
Best Golf Rangefinder For Shaky Hands | Our Top 9 Picks
Our buying guide of the best golf rangefinder for shaky hands. We review 9 options and pick the cheapest, best overall, and more.
Product In-Stock: InStock