According to most players, the toughest golf clubs to hit are the long irons. It can be very difficult to hit both the 3-irons and 4-irons, particularly for amateurs. But with a bigger-headed club like a 7 wood club, golfers can make more solid contact and get more desirable results when they hit the links.
The 7 wood has greater loft compared to a 3 or 5 wood, which makes it so much easier to hit. It would be a perfect replacement for golfers who are having trouble hitting their long irons or hybrid clubs. The head is big and has a larger sweet spot to hit on different types of lies, such as in the rough and hard ground.
A 7 wood golf club offers incredible forgiveness and is typically one inch shorter than the standard 5 wood, which also makes it a lot simple to hit. If you are looking for the best 7 wood ever made in the world of golf, then you have come to the right place. This club is very versatile and can be used in different situations on the course.
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Table Of Contents
- The Best 7 Wood Ever Made - Our Picks
- TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Fairway Wood
- MW8 Moon Wood Premium Golf Fairway Wood For Men And Women Golf Club
- Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway Wood
- Callaway Epic Flash Star Fairway Wood
- Wilson Staff Golf D7 Fairway Wood
- Tour Edge Hot Launch E521 Fairway Wood
- Callaway Women's Steelhead XR Fairway Wood
- Callaway Golf 2018 Rogue Fairway Wood
- When To Use A 7 Wood Golf Club
- Best 7 Wood Ever Made – Conclusion
The Best 7 Wood Ever Made - Our Picks
TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Fairway Wood
When TaylorMade brought back the V Steel and paired it with SIM, their goal was simple. It is to create the lowest CG of any fairway that they have ever made. In 2021, the company has taken it low again. With the SIM 2 Max, you can launch your drive higher thanks to the low CG.
The multi-material construction, along with the effective weight distribution on the sole of the golf club, provides ultra-low CG for high launch, low spin, and explosive distance. V Steel is a modern classic. Precise weight distribution makes it more forgiving while maintaining excellent launch properties. It remains true to its heritage by minimizing friction during the impact, enhancing turf interaction and versatility.
The SIM 2 Max comes with an ultra-strong C300 steel face that offers a powerful ball flight. When together with Twist Face, the corrective face curvature is designed to provide users with straighter shots on mishits, the club delivers better distance and accuracy.
TaylorMade has taken all of the elements that made SIM Max fairway the best in terms of distance and added a higher level of forgiveness. Enhanced weight distribution ensures you pinpoint CG projection to improve MOI as well as launch properties.
A modernized V Steel design redistributes weight to boost forgiveness without affecting the low CG properties. The depressed heel and toe reduce sole area, which adds to the turf interaction and versatility benefits.
The high-strength C300 steel allows for a strong, fast face built for explosive ball speeds, combined with Twist Face technology to get the better of innate golfer tendencies on mishits for straighter shots. A bigger 190cc head design features precision weighting and also strategic CG placement for improved forgiveness, high launch, and explosive distance.
Finally, the Thru-Slot Speed Pocket increases face flexibility as well as preservation of ball speed and distance, particularly on low face strikes. The only problem with this club is that it has a less chance of adjustability due to the fixed hosel. But all in all, it is really made to help you hit more easily. Should you be looking for the best 7 wood ever made, the TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Fairway could be worth your consideration.
- Ultra-low CG – allows you to launch higher
- Refined weight distribution – delivers more forgiveness while maintaining optimal launch properties
- Ultra-strong C300 steel face – provides a powerful ball flight; delivers enhanced distance and precision when paired with Twist Face
- Updated V Steel design – redistributes weight for even better forgiveness
- Depressed heel and toe – reduce the sole area for improved turf interaction and versatility
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket – enhances face flexibility and preserve ball speed and distance, especially during low face strikes
MW8 Moon Wood Premium Golf Fairway Wood For Men And Women Golf Club
Another fantastic option you have for the best 7 wood ever made is the MW8 Moon Wood Premium Golf Fairway. It has been designed to enable both professional and amateur golfers to launch the right green-holding shot from a long distance. This means that if you find it difficult to take the green shot from a long-range, this club could be the right choice for you. It is very common for beginners to struggle with long, middle, hybrid, and fairway woods, but this MW8 golf club is a completely different type of fairway wood, as it is designed to make clean contact, high launch, and long-distance.
Moreover, if you are searching for a golf club that will provide you with a higher launch and enhanced ball speed, then you should try the MW8 Moon Wood Premium Golf Fairway. It features a shallow clubface and low center of gravity to help your launch. Also, the club boosts your confidence on the course as it appears hittable at the address.
The club also features an extra-wide sole that is curved for the smallest amount of resistance, particularly on the grass contact, so you can slide through it smoothly no matter where your club strikes. Apart from that, it offers easier control than most other fairway clubs in its category.
The only downside of the MW8 Moon Wood Premium Golf Fairway is that it lacks feel, and its shaft is shorter than other golf clubs. Having said that, it is worth giving a shot for male and female golfers looking for the best 7 wood ever made.
- Your choice of hand: Select the hand that matches the other clubs in your set. For example, if you play right-handed irons, pick the right hand
- Quick launch and high flight: Enjoy extreme high launch and greater ball speed off the face delivered by the MW8’s shallow clubface as well as its low CG
- Easier to control compared to other traditional fairway woods: The MW8 golf club is shorter than the usual hybrid, wood, and long iron, which makes it a lot more comfortable and easier to control than the standard fairway wood
- Legal for tournament play: Conforms to the rules of golf
Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway Wood
For those who are finding the best 7 wood ever made, the Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway could be the ideal choice. It is by far one of the most forgiving clubs that the brand offers.
This club is highly recommended to all levels of golfers. Not only does it have extreme forgiveness, but it is also available in a wide range of lofts. This means that players can now keep up with the latest trend in golf by replacing long irons that are hard to play with high lofted woods.
The longer than standard toe-to heel length and slightly taller face height produce an expanded sweet spot, and that is easier to find consistently. Plus, the dual-rail sole helps cut through the roughest lies with ease.
Take note that the Yukon Fairway Wood is the exact same great golf club as the Synchron II Fairway Wood. The reason why the latter was changed is to introduce a new member to the Yukon family that creates game improvement technology. These two woods have the same shape, technology, and design that made both of them a very popular club.
The Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway Wood is a lot cheaper than the other 7 woods on our list, but its features are almost on par with theirs. This club has been designed to replicate Adams Tight Lie woods, which are known for being some of the best performing clubs in the world of golf.
The club is perfect for anyone who has trouble hitting the long irons and traditional woods. It features a low-torque graphite shaft that makes the club lighter and easier to swing.
The design of the Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway Wood makes it incredibly forgiving and enables golfers to have a good feel at impact. The company claims that it is the most playable club they have made.
- Fitted standard with the low-torque Pinemeadow Graphite Shaft for the same value
- Low-torque graphite shaft – makes the club lighter and easier to swing
- Exceptional feel and forgiveness; ultimately the most playable club to carry
- Has similar features, performance, and price to Adams Tight Lies
- Suited best for: All golfers, especially those who want to substitute some of the longer and harder to hit irons
Callaway Epic Flash Star Fairway Wood
If you are looking to buy the best 7 wood ever made, the Callaway Epic Flash Star is one of your choices. It has been made with revolutionary jailbreak technology and a supercomputer-designed flash face for more distance and faster ball speed. Both of these technological advancements have made the clubs of Callaway stand out in the market.
According to the sales report, golfers liked the look and design of this club. They loved it, especially the glossy green with a matte black combination along with the yellow borders of the clubhead. This is very visible on the course and provides a premium look.
All the clubs of the epic series have an identical look, and each of them is admired by golfers for their standard look. Aside from the clubhead, the shaft and grip also look fine. It is actually one of the best-looking fairway woods you can find on the market.
The Epic Flash Star Fairway Wood by Callaway has a forged 455 carpenter steel face of 169 cc that delivers a mild and crisp metallic sound with a moderate volume. Still, it will allow you to have a solid impact and cover a good distance because of the machine-designed flash face. This club offers a good feel as well.
A lot of players who have used this Callaway club fell in love with it, as it is easy to use and there is a lot of loft options in the new Optfil Hosel. If you are a skilled golfer, you will almost not mishit your shot that results in a fade or a slice.
This club may seem a little bit expensive for some, but it is actually value for money. The only major negative you can think of is the limited availability of the accessories.
Overall, the Callaway Epic Flash Star Fairway Wood is a quality club with quality materials and construction that ensure durability. It is one of the best-looking woods you can find on the market that provides maximum performance with consistency and accuracy.
- Incredibly lightweight Star package – promotes maximum swing speed and ball speed
- Flash face technology – promotes increased ball speed for longer distance
- Jailbreak Technology – places more impact load on the face for faster ball speed
- Forged 455 Carpenter steel construction – combines with Face Cup technology to deliver fast ball speed across the face for distance on on-center and off-center hits
Wilson Staff Golf D7 Fairway Wood
When it comes to the best 7 wood ever made, the Wilson Staff Golf D7 Fairway could be a great option. It is a super lightweight, high-launching club that is engineered for forgiveness with a heavy emphasis on speed.
Whether it be from the fairway or off a tee, the D7 provides distance in a consistently high-launching package. The lightweight design stripped away excess grams from the design purposefully while maintaining a D1 swing weight. It promotes easy swings that give very high clubhead speed.
It is obvious that Wilson has made a lot of changes between the D7 Fairway Wood and its predecessor, which is the D300. The D7 has a much more traditional design along with subtle blue accents. The crown features a glossy finish, and the clubface has well-defined scoring lines which frame the ball perfectly for a proper set-up. In order to further aid you in lining up correctly, Wilson has also added an alignment aid to the crown. Overall, the design of the head is subtle, provides confidence, and appeals to many golfers.
Based on the technology and design, this Wilson Staff club is made to deliver big in terms of launch and distance. It is equipped with the Carpenter Custom 455 Face that produces solid ball speed. The sweet spot is large and easy to find. The bigger head design gives plenty of space to move the center of gravity low and back, and the company’s plan to strip away discretional weight has been expertly executed not just on the head but across the whole club.
The Wilson Staff Golf D7 Fairway Wood is an amazing addition to a better Wilson Staff line created to help almost every player regardless of the level of your golfing skills. It is going to help you with high, long, and straight shots. No wonder golfers of all skill levels have been talking about the distance and performance of this club.
- Super light design – easy to swing for faster clubhead speed
- Alignment aid – helps with a proper lineup
- Carpenter Custom 455 Face – a premium maraging steel insert that provides a thin, hot face; enhances both feel and distance performance
- Large and easy to find the sweet spot
- New crown construction – thin cast pockets that deliver strength while decreasing weight
Tour Edge Hot Launch E521 Fairway Wood
The Hot Launch E521 Fairway Wood from Tour Edge could be your ideal choice for the best 7 wood ever made. If you want to play a set of cheaply priced, confidence-building irons that perform like mini woods and are loaded with technology, then this is likely to be the most suitable for you. Especially if you need some help with distance as well as getting shots airborne.
The Houdini Sole’s raised steel mass area at the rear of the clubhead minimizes the amount of sole area to decrease drag and turf interaction. The Houdini Sole is important for significantly altering the CG placement. The center of gravity is 23% lower and 6% further back compared to the previous HL4 Fairway Metal, which makes the E521 the most stable and highest launching fairway wood that Tour Edge has produced.
Moreover, the E Series offset designs have strategically placed heel draw-bias weighting to help increase launch conditions. Also, the slice fighting technology enables the face to square up during the impact to promote a straighter ball flight.
The Tour Edge Hot Launch E521 Fairway Wood features a shallow cup face design that delivers higher launch angles and great ease of launch. The lofts offered by this club are greater than the standard game improvement clubs you can find on the market, such as a 7, 9, and 11 wood.
The control length shorter shafts are half an inch to one inch shorter than the standard ones, which makes the 3- wood length 42.5″ for improved accuracy, a higher percentage of center strikes as well as maximized Smash Factor ratings for the clubhead.
Lastly, the E Series fairway comes with the same superlight FUBUKI metal wood shafts by Mitsubishi Chemical, which range from 45 to 55 grams depending on the flex. These super lightweight shafts have lower kick points and fewer cycles per minute frequencies to help you achieve maximum velocity and produce a straighter, longer, and slightly drawn ball flight.
- Houdini Sole design – reduces drag and turf interaction
- Draw bias heel sole weight – helps golfers avoid the right side of the golf course; boosts launch conditions
- Offset design – slice fighting technology that lets the face square up at impact, and therefore ensuring a straighter ball flight
- Shallow face design – offers higher launch angles and great ease of launch
- Control length shaft – delivers better accuracy and a higher percentage of center strikes
- Lightweight Mitsubishi Fubuki shaft – ensures maximum velocity; produces a longer and straighter ball flight
Callaway Women's Steelhead XR Fairway Wood
If you are a female who wants the best 7 wood ever made in the golf world, you might want to try out the Steelhead XR Fairway Wood for women made by Callaway.
The original Steelhead is one of the best-known fairway woods of all time because of its unique and beautiful shape as well as its innovative Hawkeye Sole, which improved versatility by encouraging smooth turf interaction. This delivers solid contact from nearly any lie.
With the new Callaway Steelhead XR fairway wood, the brand has improved the iconic shape, made the head easy to launch and more forgiving, and refined the sole for it to be even more versatile and playable compared to the original Steelhead fairway. Moreover, they super-charged it with contemporary, power-producing technologies to ensure more distance, both from the tee and off the turf.
Callaway has enhanced the iconic Steelhead shape and refined their modern Hawkeye Sole to produce a versatile, confidence-inspiring head that is very easy to launch. Their next-generation Hyper Speed Face Cup is highly efficient at providing fastball speed as well as the distance across the whole face, particularly on the mishits.
The lightweight J-36 carbon crown frees up a considerable weight that is repositioned for easier launch, additional forgiveness, added power, and lower spin. The shorter hosel saves up even more weight in the clubhead and also looks appealing.
Callaway developed their proprietary Speed Step with direct input from aerospace experts. This enhances aerodynamics to deliver fast swing speed and distance.
- Classic shape + modern sole – makes a versatile, confidence-inspiring head, which is super easy to launch
- Hyper Speed Face Cup – very efficient in delivering fast ball speed and distance across the entire clubface, especially on mishits
- Lightweight J-36 carbon crown – saves up a substantial weight that is repositioned in the perimeter, providing more forgiveness, added power, easier launch, and lower spin
- Shorter hosel – saves extra weight in the clubhead and looks appealing
- Speed Step – enhances aerodynamics for faster swing speed and distance
Callaway Golf 2018 Rogue Fairway Wood
The 2018 Rogue Fairway Wood by Callaway could be your excellent choice for the best 7 wood ever made. It is the first-ever fairway wood that has Jailbreak Distance Technology. With Jailbreak and Callaway’s popular Face Cup technology, Rogue is the most powerful fairway wood that the company has ever created.
For the very first time, Callaway R&D has successfully installed their groundbreaking Jailbreak Technology in a fairway wood with a couple of steel Jailbreak bars that stiffen the body, which places more impact load on the clubface to deliver increased ball speed and distance.
The ultra-thin Carpenter 455 steel face is incredibly fast by itself, and the Jailbreak Technology makes it even faster. Face Cup also delivers more speed on center-face hits and off-center hits. The combination of these three technologies will help you achieve fast ball speed and long distance on both center and off-center hits.
Rogue fairways incorporate Callaway’s proprietary Internal Standing Wave technology as well, which they pioneered in their irons to position the center of gravity with exceptional precision. In Rogue fairway woods, the Internal Standing Wave positions the center of gravity low and forward to produce a distance-enhancing combination of low-spin and high-launch.
Callaway has refined the shape, size, and position of the Speed Step to improve airflow and promote more club speed.
- Jailbreak technology – increases ball speed and distance
- Ultra-thin Carpenter 455 Steel Face + Face Cup Technology – allows for fast ball speed and long distance om both center and off-center shots
- Internal Standing Wave Technology – positions the center of gravity low and forward for a distance-enhancing combination of low-spin and high-launch
- Industry-leading aero package – promotes improved airflow and more club speed
When To Use A 7 Wood Golf Club
The 7 wood is a highly versatile club that you can use in many different situations on the course. Here are some instances where it would be appropriate for you to use this type of club:
- When you are on the course and require a precise drive on a tight fairway
- If you are in a bunker with a decent lie and have to lift the ball out
- When you are in the fairway, sitting around 200 yards out, and need to clear a body of water
- If you need to land the ball more softly on the green than a 5 wood
- When you are hitting out of the rough and need a club that will help to get loft on your shot smoothly
- If you are around the green on a flat surface and want to chip it low without getting the ball caught up on the fringe
Best 7 Wood Ever Made – Conclusion
It is ultimately up to you if you prefer using a 7 wood over a 5 wood hybrid or long iron in the bag. The 7 wood tends to offer more forgiveness compared to other clubs on mishits and provides a softer landing than other fairway woods.
If you frequently make mistakes and need a club that will help you hit from a longer distance, then the 7 wood would be a perfect choice. These clubs are also meant to aid low-handicappers. To give you an idea and help you choose the right 7 wood for you more easily, we have mentioned some of your great options above.
Best 7 Wood Ever Made | Our Top 8 Picks | Buyer's Guide
Looking for the best 7 wood ever made? We review 8 of them. Including premium and budget options.
Product In-Stock: InStock