Golfers, both amateurs and professionals, swear by golf gloves. Not only do golf gloves offer a ton of protection, but they also help in improving how you play the game of golf.
In this best golf gloves 2020 review we will talk about the different benefits of using golf gloves and the things you need to consider before you get one. We will take a closer look at five golf gloves, review them and see which one of them you should prioritize if you want to purchase a golf glove.
We have put a lot of effort and research into this article, and hopefully, after reading it, you can select the golf gloves that would suit you best according to your needs and requirements in 2020.
Now that we have covered the benefits of golf gloves and the parameters to consider when purchasing them, it’s time to take a look at some of the golf gloves that are making waves in the market.
Bionic Gloves – Men’s StableGrip Golf Glove
If consistent grip is what you seek by using a golf glove, then there are very few options in the market that are better than the men’s StableGrip golf glove manufactured by Bionic Gloves. If your grip causes you to mishit shots due to unnecessary movement of your golf club, then this is the glove to go for.
This particular golf glove features top-quality Cabretta leather with pads positioned along the palm and fingers. Extra padding is provided to help in maintaining a consistent grip during swings. The tapered fingers ensure that no portion of the glove curls up at the top of your fingertips. The pads around the fingers make the hand surface completely even, allowing for greater control.
Thanks to the quality of Cabretta leather, you can expect this glove to serve you well for a long time. While the packaging states that the glove will last twice as longer than any ordinary leather glove, in reality, it can last much more if you take good care of it. You are guaranteed to enjoy at least 30 rounds of great golfing with this glove.
In terms of price, this glove is more expensive than most standard leather gloves out there. However, if you consider the benefits that you would enjoy by using this glove, shelling out the extra money is definitely worth it. It is also a much thicker glove than most of its leather counterparts in the market, so you might take some time in getting used to it.
All in all, it’s a fantastic golf glove that can seriously improve your game with a little bit of practice. The most important thing for you to consider before buying this glove is whether your current glove is aiding you in your game or not. As it’s an expensive glove, you probably wouldn’t want to go in for this if you pursue golfing as only a passion and not your profession.
Footjoy Men’s Rain Grip Golf Gloves
It was in 1996 that these gloves first made their appearance in the market. It’s 2020 now and incredibly, these gloves are still incredibly popular. This is the glove that golfers need when it’s raining cats and dogs.
Playing golf in the rain is quite difficult and it’s even more difficult when you don’t have the right gloves. Most gloves fail in rainy conditions, but with its Autosuede index and palm fingers, the Footjoy Men’s Rain Grip Golf Gloves definitely allow golfers to grip their clubs firmly even when the heavens start pouring.
The glove features the use of Quick Dry material that allows it to reduce moisture levels in next to no time. So even if you feel it getting wet, you can be guaranteed of dry hands in a matter of seconds.
According to most users who have used this club, including me, this glove actually works better when it’s raining. So if it’s sunny and dry, you would probably fare better at the course with another glove.
Apart from being the glove of choice for many in wet weather conditions, it’s also become a glove that is regularly used by golfers whose palms get sweaty frequently. In terms of price, it is quite reasonable and the fact that it comes in a pair is also a bonus for golfers who don’t shy away from golfing on the rainiest of days.
MG Golf Glove Men’s DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather
If you are looking for a high-quality leather glove that is really long-lasting, then the MG Golf Glove Men’s DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather may be exactly what you need. This glove is used by many professionals around the world, which is proof of its quality.
Every inch of this milky white glove is crafted using Cabretta leather, making it incredibly soft. It features perforations on the fingers, allowing your fingers to breathe as you play. Due to said perforations, this is not a glove you would want to use in rainy conditions.
You are guaranteed a hand-hugging fit when you use this glove thanks to the Velcro closure. The precise fit ensures that there are no slips when you hold and swing your golf club.
In terms of available sizes, both youth players and adults can find suitable sizes, with fourteen available size variants for youth players and six available size variants for adult players.
Callaway Golf Men’s OptiColor Leather Glove
As mentioned before, most golfers prioritize substance over style. However, if you are one that likes to be stylish and flaunt your sense of fashion in front of the world, then this particular golf glove may be of great interest to you.
The Callaway Golf Men’s OptiColor Leather Glove is available in seven color variants and each of them looks quite stunning. At first glance, it may seem more like a really cool biking glove, but as you feel it and experience what it has to offer for golfers, you would be surprised. This glove effortlessly provides a cocktail of style and substance that makes it a product close to perfection for golfers playing in warm and humid conditions.
It is, in essence, a glove made from the softest of leathers, with prominent palm perforations that allow your hands to breathe while keeping it dry from the inside at the same time. You can adjust the closure according to your conveniences and the once adjusted, the gloves rarely ever slip out of position.
All in all, it’s a comfortable glove that exudes a lot of charm, charisma, and confidence as well; a real treat for a golfer who takes his/her fashion seriously. In terms of major drawbacks, there’s just the big issue of not allowing golfers to flaunt their style on rainy days. Otherwise, all in all, it’s a solid golfing glove priced moderately.
Finger Ten Men’s Golf Glove
Most golfers who take their golf seriously typically have a set of gloves in their bag so that they can play irrespective of the weather conditions. However, if you are a golfer who is tired of spending money on different gloves for different weather conditions, then the Finger Ten Men’s Golf Glove would be perfect for you.
This glove features an excellent padding system, with extra padding on the ring finger, little finger and the palm to protect golfers from callouses and blisters. In terms of the material used to manufacture this glove, the manufacturers have used a combination of Lycra spandex, Cabretta leather, and synthetic leather.
While the fingers feature Lycra spandex for better ventilation, the thumb features Cabretta leather for enhanced grip. The back of this particular glove features a synthetic leather make. The ball marker is an added feature.
The most positive aspect of this glove is definitely its price, which is far lower than all the other gloves mentioned in this particular review. All in all, this is your go-to glove for great golfing in absolutely any weather condition.
So, now that we have come to the end of our best golf gloves 2020 review, it’s time to decide on a winner, or is it? All the gloves featured in this review are great products. The limitations of all but one are with regards to use across a variety of weather conditions. Apart from that, all the gloves are sure to enhance your golfing experience significantly.
If you prioritize your grip over everything else, then the bulky Bionic Glove is the right choice for you. If playing golf in the rain is your thing, then it would be best for you to go for the Footjoy glove. If you want a healthy combination of style and substance, then there is no glove better than the Callaway glove. But if you want one glove for all weather conditions, then the Finger Ten glove makes for the most fantastic purchase.
Best Golf Gloves 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose the Perfect Gloves
Different golfers have different requirements and the glove that one golfer considers the best may not be considered even good by another golfer. However, there are a few things that every golfer needs to consider before they purchase a golf glove. Let’s take a closer look at what those things are:
- The Material: Golf gloves are available in a variety of materials and while one material may work for you, the same may not work for another golfer. Some of the most popular materials are leather and synthetic. Leather golf gloves can be expensive, but they last longer and are incredibly comfortable to wear as well.
If you pursue golf only as a recreational activity and don’t want to spend too much money on leather gloves, then you should consider buying synthetic gloves. Most golfers prefer synthetic gloves while playing in hot and humid weather. If you are someone who takes golfing really seriously, then you should have gloves of both materials in your golf bag and pick one based on the weather conditions that you would be playing in.
- The Fit: More important than the material is how a particular glove fits your lead hand. If the fit isn’t right, then you would face several problems in terms of accuracy as you play. As golf gloves are available in a wide variety of sizes, you should try them out to see which size fits you the most perfectly. For maximum accuracy during play, you need your glove to fit your lead hand very tightly. If you are someone who has exceptionally wide hands, then there are “cadet”-sized gloves that you could consider.
However, they shouldn’t be so tight that they are difficult to wear. Your hand should smoothly ease into the glove and then it’s up to you to stretch it out so that the glove fits both the palm and back of your hand in a snug manner. The proper way to wearing a golf glove is to first insert all fingers with the exception of your thumb. Once the other four fingers are in, slowly insert your thumb and then stretch out the glove. Once the fit is right, close the glove using the Velcro closure or by attaching the snap.
- The Style: For many, golfing is recreation and a way to be fashionable. If you are a golfer who doesn’t care much for accuracy and perfection in the game and prioritizes style over substance, then you can also buy colored gloves to match your golfing outfits. While these gloves may not improve your game significantly, they would certainly help you in drawing some attention towards yourself.
The Advantages of Using Golf Gloves
Golf gloves, unlike regular gloves, don’t come in pairs. Usually, golfers wear a glove on their ‘lead’ hands – i.e., the hand that stays on top of the grip. While left-handed players wear gloves on their right hands, right-handed players do the exact opposite. Now that you know how golfers use gloves let’s get to know about all the various advantages that golf gloves give to golfers.
- Protection Against Callouses and Blisters: In golf, golfers need to repeatedly swing their golf clubs and this may lead to blister and callus formation on the ‘lead’ hands, which can be incredibly painful. Playing through the pain without gloves is not recommended as the blisters and callouses may worsen. However, with a golf glove, the chances of blisters and callouses are severely reduced. In addition to wearing a glove, golfers are also recommended to tape their hands for extra protection.
- Improved Grip: How golfers grip their golf clubs is often the difference between them doing well and them failing to hit high standards. In hot and humid weather especially, clubs tend to turn in the hands of golfers who don’t use golf gloves. Without the proper grip, shots are sure to go astray and the overall golfing experience would be pretty terrible, and that’s an understatement.
Golfers frequently turn to gloves while golfing in hot and humid weather conditions, which help in creating more friction between the gloved hand and the grip, which can be immensely useful in improving the grip.
- Different Gloves for Different Weather Conditions: With more and more golfers preferring to use gloves, nowadays you would find gloves for all types of weather conditions. For golfing in extremely cold and wet weather, there are pairs of gloves available to keep both hands dry and warm, making it easier for players to play without compromising on accuracy.
- Consistency of Grip Pressure: Amateurs especially display a tendency of gripping their golf clubs too tightly. An extremely tight grip is never advised by golf experts, as it often leads to inaccuracy during play and may also cause injury. By using golf gloves, players can significantly improve their grip and make it more consistent, allowing them to play without causing excessive tension in their hands while improving swing speed and accuracy at the same time.
Can you wash your golf gloves?
We’ve written a full review of washing your golf gloves on our blog previously. It’s completely safe to clean your old golf gloves, but be very careful as not every golf glove is the same. Make sure you pay close attention to the material and guidelines outlined in our blog post. Do not machine wash your golf gloves as this could lead to shrinkage and damage to the leather.
Best Golf Gloves 2020 | Our Top 5 Picks | AllGolfReviews
Golfers, both amateurs and professionals, swear by golf gloves. Not only do golf gloves offer a ton of protection, but they also help in improving how you
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/OutOfStock