It is necessary to have a good pair of golf shoes, especially if you find yourself walking the entire course frequently. Playing a round of regulation 18-hole golf usually requires you to walk anywhere between three and six miles, which means you will need to see that your shoes are comfortable enough to wear throughout the entire day.
There are many types of golf shoes available on the market. One of them is the spikeless golf shoe, which will provide you with a sneaker-like look and, at the same time, a performance similar to a spiked shoe. If you want to opt for this kind of shoe, you have come to the right place. This article lists the best spikeless golf shoes for walking, along with their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
In a hurry? These are our top picks.
Table of Contents
Adidas Men’s S2G Golf Shoe
If you are looking to buy the best spikeless golf shoes for walking that are lightweight and engineered for rainy conditions, the Adidas S2G could be your ideal option. It is specifically made for male players and designed to give you a streetwear look with maximized on-course performance.
This shoe features a power-transferring Bounce midsole to increase stability and a Forgeframe upper to ensure all-day comfort. The combination of these two elements results in silky smooth swings throughout an entire round of golf.
The Forgeframe upper features an all-new forging technique to enhance lightweight support and stability in golf-specific areas. The full-length Bounce foam midsole is built especially for golf performance with dramatic grooves for improved cushioning, comfort, and stability.
The Men’s S2G golf shoe by Adidas also features an Adiwear rubber spikeless outsole that contains strategically placed V-Traxion lugs to deliver optimal grip, green-friendliness, and traction on any terrain.
This shoe is built with a lightweight upper and features windproof and waterproof RAIN.RDY offers breathable protection from the elements. The EVA midsole and flexible bounce cushioning deliver step-in comfort, while the durable outsole promotes a soft grip.
The Adidas Men’s S2G Golf Shoe will keep you dry and comfortable during drizzly days on the course. Wearing this will allow you to walk 18 holes in lightweight, cushioned comfort and also grip fairways and greens with ease.
- Spikeless Adiwear rubber outsole – durable outsole that promotes a soft grip; features strategically placed V-Traxion lugs to deliver excellent grip and traction on all kinds of terrains
- Full-length Bounce foam midsole – built especially for golf performance as well as increased cushioning, comfort, and stability
- Windproof and waterproof RAIN.RDY – provides breathable protection in the elements
- Ortholite sock liner with flexible Bounce foam midsole – provides cushioned comfort
- Forgeframe upper – improves lightweight support and stability in golf-specific areas
- Die-cut EVA midsole and flexible bounce cushioning ensures step-in comfort
- Lightweight textile and synthetic upper with lace closure
- Regular fit with a slightly wider forefoot
- Waterproof; recommended for all conditions
- Tour Performance golf shoes
Skechers Women’s Max Golf Shoe
For ladies who want the best spikeless golf shoes for walking, the Skechers Women’s Max could be a great choice. It offers increased cushioned comfort and a better response to your run. While the soles are technically spikeless, the small grips on the bottom still provide a good traction amount.
The shoe is equipped with a synthetic upper along with a durable grip TPU spikeless outsole. Its comfort features include ultra-lightweight, responsive ultra-flight cushioning and Skechers GOGA Max insole that provides improved, high-rebound cushioning. It is available in multiple colors to match any outfit and water resistant to help keep you dry when playing in light dewy mornings.
This Skechers shoe features a cushioned comfort walking and running design on an ULTRA GO cushioned platform. The virtually seamless engineered mesh fabric upper delivers the best of comfort and breathability.
The midsole is designed with a cushioned responsive ULTRA GO comfort platform. For multi-surface traction, the shoe also features a lightweight, durable, and flexible parametric web outsole.
Moreover, the Air Cooled Goga Mat running insole delivers cooling comfort, while the Forefoot flex grooves promote better flexibility and a smooth transition. The Mid-foot strike zone enhances efficiency in every stride. Also, the shoe features the popular Agion protection for inner fabric material.
To improve breathability, the shoe is made with nearly seamless engineered mesh fabric sleek lightweight upper. The synthetic hot-melt overlays at toe, heel, and laces increase stability.
The Skechers Women’s Max Golf Shoe is ideal for those on a budget. It is Amazon’s best-selling option for female players. Everyone loves the simple yet fashionable design, and a lot of buyers praise the incredible support and breathability offered by this shoe.
- Mesh fabric sleek lightweight upper – provides unparalleled comfort and breathability
- Parametric web outsole – lightweight, durable and flexible; offers multi-surface traction
- Air Cooled Goga Mat running insole – promotes cooling comfort
- Forefoot flex grooves – delivers increased flexibility and smooth transition
- Mid-foot strike zone – boosts efficiency in every stride
- Synthetic hot-melt overlays – improve stability
- GOGA Max insole – improves high-rebound cushioning
- Ultra-lightweight, responsive ULTRA flight cushioning
- Spikeless, durable grip TPU outsole
- Agion protection for inner fabric material
Puma Men’s Ignite Nxt Solelace Golf Shoe
If you think it is time to get a new pair of golf shoes, the Men’s Ignite Nxt Solelace by Puma could be the right one for you. The company has made their iconic Ignite spikeless franchise even better!
This shoe features a full-length Ignite Foam midsole that is wrapped in the SoleShield film to increase durability. It also improves comfort and energy return with each step for long-lasting comfort. Solelace is a new lacing system that enhances support and stability.
The waterproof, breathable mesh uppers contain PWRCage pieces for a secure fit and optimal stability. Additionally, the TPU Solelace units and PWRFrame structure improve stability, protection, and performance.
The strong and lightweight TPU Solelace units enable the laces to wrap around your foot for 360° support while securing the shoe directly to your foot to give you the ultimate ground feel. The PWRFrame structure is carefully placed in high-stress areas to deliver lightweight support and enhanced stability.
The Ignite Nxt Solelace features a micro-thin TPU SoleShield film formed around the midsole to ensure easy cleaning and better durability. Providing exceptional fit, performance, and all-day comfort, the Pro-fit insole is super soft yet supportive.
Epic Sport last has an anatomical shape for excellent fit and ample forefoot volume. Running shoes inspire this to achieve on and off the course versatility.
And to top it all off, the Pro-Form TPU outsole features an organically altered traction pattern with more than 100 strategically placed hexagon lugs. This provides you with the grip exactly where you need it. This outsole utilizes a premium compound to deliver outstanding grip, performance, and abrasion resistance on any surface.
The Puma Ignite Nxt Solelace could be worth your consideration if you need the best spikeless golf shoes for walking. This pair is designed to provide you with the performance you need on the golf course and the style you want off of it.
- Combination uppers – made of non-stretch, waterproof, and breathable mesh along with TPU Solelace units and PWRFrame structure for better protection, stability, and performance
- Strong and lightweight TPU Solelace units – allow the laces to wrap around your foot for a 360° support while securing the shoe directly to your foot, giving you the ultimate ground feel
- PWRFrame structure – intelligently placed in high-stress areas to promote lightweight support and extra stability
- Ignite Foam in the midsole – delivers improved energy return, responsive comfort, and stable cushioning for comfort with every step
- Pro-Fit insole – very soft yet supportive for unmatched fit, performance, and maximum comfort
- Micro-thin TPU SoleShield film – formed around the midsole to add durability and ensure simple cleaning
- Pro-Form TPU outsole – uses a premium compound to provide the best possible performance, grip, and abrasion resistance on all kinds of surfaces
- Organically mapped traction – features over 100 strategically-placed hexagon lugs to produce enhanced grip right where you need it
- Epic Sport last – features an anatomical shape for fantastic fit and adequate forefoot volume inspired by running shoes for on and off the course versatility
- Waterproof; recommended for all conditions
FootJoy Men’s Pro/SL Carbon Golf Shoe
The FootJoy Men’s Pro/SL Carbon Golf Shoe is another option you have when choosing the best spikeless golf shoes for walking. It offers the number one performance Spikeless Technology on Tour.
This shoe will have you outperforming the competition as you step up to the tee box. Featuring a dual-density outsole for stability and lightweight cushioning, ChromoSkin leather for waterproofing and style. As well as a spikeless design that does not sacrifice traction and control, the FootJoy Men’s Pro/SL Carbon offers you an excellent blend of comfort, protection, and style on the links.
The shoe is built on a new Infinity Outsole, which boasts 30% more traction points for tremendous stability in all weather conditions. It also features a complete ground contact design for comfort and stability on the golf course.
The Pro/SL Carbon comes equipped with the reimagined PowerHarness that wraps your foot in comfort and releases power into your swing. The Dual Density (D2) midsole ensures the perfect balance of comfort and stability.
For increased stability and energy return, the shoe is made with carbon fiber inlay. The 3D Foamcollar 2.0 enhances overall fit and feel through your ankle and adds more cushioning. At the same time, the FTF foam provides perimeter stability with a soft underfoot FTF that improves cushioning and balance. This shoe is also equipped with Ortholite Impressions Fit-bed for a custom fit and superior underfoot comfort.
All in all, the FootJoy Men’s Pro/SL Carbon Golf Shoe can help take your game to the next level with complete water protection and all-day comfort.
- ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards – a unique full grain leather system that is supple, lightweight, thin-yet-durable, and 100% waterproof; offers impressive breathability and conforms to your foot for a premium custom fit
- Integrated Power Harness – provides medial and lateral support for maximum control and power during your swing
- 3D Foamcollar 2.0 – improved overall fit and feel through the ankle and added cushioning
- Ortholite Impressions Fit-Bed – delivers a custom fit and superior underfoot comfort
- Dual-Density D2 midsole – ensures the highest level of comfort by giving full foot support through your swing and impact absorption to make each walking day easier
- FTF foam – offers perimeter stability, and the soft underfoot FTF foam delivers balance and cushioning
- Carbon fiber inlay – increases energy return and stability
- Laser Plus Last – a full rounded toe character, standard fit across forefoot and instep with a slightly narrow heel
- NEW Infinity Outsole – the most stable spikeless golf shoe FJ has ever built, with 189 points of traction and 17% more surface area in the heel to produce the perfect grip and ground contact regardless of the ground conditions
- Waterproof; recommended for all conditions
ECCO Biom Hybrid 2 Golf Shoe
When it comes to the best spikeless golf shoes for walking, the ECCO Biom Hybrid 2 is a second-to-none option. It is a premium quality shoe that offers the greatest level of comfort with a stylish design.
While the shoe can be expensive, it is engineered with high-quality features, such as a spikeless sole, non-slip gum rubber sole, durability, and ultra-premium insole support system. This keeps the wearer tireless and comfortable after each swing.
The Biom Hybrid 2 is waterproof and appropriate to wear for all types of weather. It features HydroMax weather protection technology that helps to make sure your feet stay warm and dry in rainy conditions. It is a well-made golf shoe that consists of leather and synthetic materials for extreme durability, while the outer part is crafted from yak leather so that the shoe lasts longer than the standard leather.
This shoe is classic and trendy golf footwear designed with different color pattern combinations and a spikeless outsole, making it ideal for use whether you are on or off the golf course.
With improved technology, high-quality materials, and superior craftsmanship, the ECCO Biom 2 Hybrid is sure to be one of the most comfortable spikeless golf shoes you will ever find.
- Yak leather upper – treated with Hydromax; soft, breathable, and durable. The Hydromax and anti-stain formula keeps you protected against all the elements
- TPU outsole – features E-DTS Hybrid traction; super durable and water-resistant; traction bars give 800 traction points or angle
- Technical insole system – premium insole that features silicon printing; avoids unwanted foot movement during your swing
- Shoe is closer to the ground for increased stability
- Waterproof; recommended for all weather conditions
Benefits of Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Lighter: Spikeless golf shoes do not have spikes on the bottom, which means they weigh less. If you find yourself walking the course often, you will appreciate this as you finish the 18 holes and your legs do not feel achy.
- Relatively Comfortable: Spikeless golf shoes are a lot more like wearing a pair of sneakers. If you are wearing an old-style and uncomfortable golf shoe, you will get much more comfort in the new spikeless models.
- More Fashionable: If style is your thing, then you will most likely have more choices and opportunities with spikeless golf shoes than you do with traditional ones.
- Can Be Worn Anywhere: This is probably the best benefit of the spikeless golf shoe. You can wear them at your home, drive to the course, get out of your car, and walk to the first tee. With spikeless shoes, you no longer need to change your shoes in the parking lot or keep the old shoe bag clipped to your golf bag.
Negatives To Spikeless Golf Shoes
Spikeless shoes do not have many downsides, but there are a few that you should be aware of before making your final purchase.
- Less Traction: Spikeless golf shoes might not offer as much traction in wet conditions. Soft spikes and metal spikes were meant to help provide you with traction, stability, and balance. Spikeless shoes do not have the same capability. They are made to help deliver some traction, and they are not slippery at all, but there is quite a difference in feel on the rainy days or in the early morning, and the grass is wet.
- Easier To Break: Spikeless golf shoes can deteriorate more quickly as you wear them more. They are naturally worn more because you can wear them both on and off the golf course. This causes the shoes to get more wear and tear than a traditional shoe used to have. Having said that, spikeless golf shoes are made to serve you for quite some time if you take proper care of them.
Best Spikeless Golf Shoes For Walking - Final Thoughts
While spikeless golf shoes look a lot like a typical pair of sneakers, they are designed to provide you with more than just a fashionable look. If you are looking for the ideal spikeless shoes that are made specifically for golfers who walk the course by way of habit, then we believe that this article would help you make the right choice more quickly and easily. We have mentioned above the best spikeless golf shoes for walking and their benefits and negatives, which you might want to consider before making a purchase.
Best Spikeless Golf Shoes For Walking | Our Top 5 Picks
Find out which are the best spikeless golf shoes for walking currently on the market. Our carefully researched list will help you choose wisely!
Product In-Stock: InStock